Saturday, 17 January 2015

the last book I read in 2014

the Silkworm by J.K. Rowling (2014)
(Cormoran Strike  #2 , as Robert Galbraith)


Owen Quine, the author of one best selling novel and a lot of mediocre ones,  has disappeared. And his wife asks Cormoran to find him. Quine's just finished a new novel which makes fun of a lot of people in the publishing industry. Could that be a motive for his disappearance? And then Cormoran finds Quine's body. The body is arranged the exact way as Quine's described his own death in the unpublished novel.

Rowling, as always, is spot on with her characters and descriptions. And the plot was never boring either. I was racing the clock to finish this on New Year's Eve as I desperately had to read 50 books before the year was up. It was the perfect book for the job, but I'm afraid I don't remember much of the plot afterwards, although the characters are still very vivid nearly three weeks after. I really like Cormoran and his secretary, Robin, and I hope Rowling continues writing about them. But I'd rather have more of Harry Potter's universe and books like the Casual Vacancy, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive