Friday, 19 July 2013

thirty-four.

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner (2001)

 Cannie discovers that her ex-boyfriend is writing a column about their love-life in a popular magazine. Most furious is she about the way he is describing her big body. Humiliated, she realises that she is not over Bruce yet and tries to get him to stop writing about her and get him back at the same time.

Cannie, why are you so angry? I definitely didn't like her personality, and although she is meant to be snarky, I found her whiny and bitter. Yet there were many things I could identify with (and I guess every girl can). Still, she isn't the kind of heroine I need or want.

Not my favourite genre by far, I read it because I had it up to here with wars and other sad and difficult topics I usually read about.  It is an entertaining story for sure, sort of a modern fairytale and quite predictable. Love the cover and I loved the author's introduction more than Cannie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive