Sunday, 22 April 2012

week 16.

I haven't been reading much the past week, was good to slow down after all the excessive reading during Easter break. I have read a few more short stories in Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris and they're all awesome. And I'm really enjoying Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have no idea why I have always thought Jane Austen would be boring to read.

I have two long days on the train ahead of me with plenty of time to grade essays read. My Kindle is charged and ready to go. I decided to buy one new book for the journey, and landed on Mudwoman by Joyce Carol Oates after reading a great review in a newspaper. I have a tendency (or a rule, perhaps) to just buy crime, mystery and young adult books for my Kindle.

I also donated about 15 books to my school's library. Most of them have been in my overloaded bookshelf at my parents' for a decade now. The English section there is starting to look decent. One of my classes are currently reading self-chosen books and it's fun to walk around discussing the books with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive