Sunday, 1 April 2012

week 13.

Yes! Finally got my reading groove back! And yes! Finally a week off work to devour books!

Books I finished
the Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo - take what you know from before + add a mad priest + a handsome man + quite a lot of ramblings about architecture, the development of Paris and philosophy = a love square (or whatever you call it when you have three guys chasing one girl) and a lot of pages skimmed. But at least the end was tragic and beautiful.
Dance dance dance by Haruki Murakami - I occasionally danced when reading it. Murakami is simply awesome!
Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant - Sex, money and power? In the 19th century? Awesome!!

Currently reading
the Moonstone by Wilkie Collins - I'm just at the beginning and I will try my best to read a chapter a day so I'm done by the end of the month for Line's reading challenge. The setting reminded me a lot of the Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle, but I do believe this one is better.

Books I bought
None! But if I had money...

Next week's plan
As I only brought my Kindle with me, it's either whatever I got on that one, downloading some new free classics or try to dig up something readable in the bookshelf here at my parents'. 

And oh!
I stumbled upon Small Demons, a site which links all the places, people and things in books! A great site if you're a book nerd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive