Sunday, 5 February 2012

week 5

(Trying a new thing where I reflect on the past weeks in books and the like.)

I got to read quite a lot this week. Finished We, the drowned and then started on the Help and Oliver Twist. 

Books I finished

We, the Drowned by Carsten Jensen. One of the best books I have ever read. Highly recommended.

Currently reading

the Help by Kathryn Stockett - I have just read 31 pages of it and so far I'm not really into it. Hopefully it will be pick up soon or else I will abandon it.
 
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens - I never expected that I would pick up a new Dickens novel a week after finishing the last one. But we are about to see the film version in class as we already have read an excerpt from it. It is surprisingly easy to read and I really enjoy it. Only 150 pages to go! I might make it tonight.

Books I bought

 Both to my Kindle and both because I read great reviews of them from other bloggers. She I found on Project Gutenberg so I didn't really buy it.

Next week's plan

I will finish Oliver Twist before Tuesday and then see if I get anywhere with the Help. I must soon start with the next book in Line's reading challenge, Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons. And I have an itch for reading something by Patrick Hamilton again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive