Tuesday, 5 July 2011

thirty-two.

the Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (2011)

-->Kate, Michael and Emma were abandoned by their parents on Christmas's Eve almost 10 years ago and have ever since been moved from orphanage to orphanage. But this is not an ordinary orphanage as they are the only kids there. While exploring the enormous old house they come upon a book hidden in a secret room beneath the house. And with the book they can travel in time using photographs.
Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. The prologue reminded me a lot of Harry Potter, but that was the only thing that reminded me distinctly of one certain book. It is indeed a mixture of all popular fantasy books for young readers, but that is not a bad thing. Stephens has created his own magic world with a lot of interesting creatures. While reading I was laughing out loud, holding my breath and wondering how it all would end.
I will definitely be pimping this book to the kids once school starts again, and I hope book two is out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive