Sunday, 18 April 2010

While waiting for my plane at Schipol, I went into a book store (surprise, surprise). I came out, for the first time ever, with two non-fiction books. Highly inspired by my Viking lessons to the 12-year olds, I bought Empires and Barbarians by Peter Heather. I also bought Things I've Been Silent About: Memories of a Prodigal Daughter by Azar Nafisi as Reading Lolita in Tehran is one of my favourite books.

Browsing the Internet one night, I came across Lists of Bests. It has, very conveniently, lists like 1000 novels everyone should read by the Guardian, Nobel Prize Laureates in literature, which are both lists that I have been working on for a couple of years already. I also ended up making my own list of all the books I own, and is kind of disappointed that I have only read 66% of those. There's also great lists of movies and music. Something to do on sleepless nights, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive