Sunday, 21 March 2010

twelve.

Sameland by Magne Hovden (2010)

When I opened the present that contained this book, I laughed so hard. The cover. The fact that this book is about my home town. The perfect present.

Two guys are planning to start a Sami adventure park, the ultimate tourist scam. They have to get hold on some reindeer, a shaman and make an authentic Sami setting without spending much money on it. Quite an adventure getting it all together.

What I really loved in this book was the characters. I was snickering while trying to figure out who was the inspiration. The story was good and fun in the beginning, but then it became too much for me. I read somewhere that this might turn into a movie and I hope so because I think it will make a great flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive