Thursday, 4 February 2010

6.

the Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney (2006)

1867, Canada. A murder. Lost children. Settlers and Indians. Norwegian immigrants. the Hudson Bay Company. Gay love. A bone tablet with strange writings. Wolves.

It took me a really long time to get into this book. Perhaps it was because it is written in a more or less confusing way, with many narrators and many leads and not enough answers. There's more than one story within the story and the thing that really annoyed me after finishing it, is that not all of these stories have a conclusion. And the end was totally unexpected and not the end that I wanted.

I really liked reading the book and I hope there's a sequel that will deal with the loose ends.

On my first walk through Utrecht I found a book store and I came out with
the Town and the City by Jack Kerouac. I think Stian was right when he forbade me to take any books with me here. I can't wait to find those used book stores I have heard so much about since getting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive