Thursday, 21 January 2010

3 & 4

Book 3 and book 4 were both by Stieg Larsson, the Girl Who Played With Fire (2006) and the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2007).

The first book in the series was a good read. The other two not so good. I lost interest in the too detailed, yet superficial story with way too many narrators. The second book started well, but the more I got into the story the more I lost the interest to continue reading. It took me forever to read the 3rd book, I would only read a couple of pages at the time and it was not until close to the ending that I got somewhat interested again. And I was actually relieved to be finished with the trilogy. I think it will be a while until I read more crime.

In other book related news, while travelling home yesterday I just had to pop into the Tanum book store at Gardermoen. It's a small and expensive book store but they always seem to have exactly the books I'm looking for. This time I restrained myself and only picked up one; the Flood by J.M.G le Clézio.

I have also restrained myself to only take 4 books with me on my 2 months stay in the Netherlands; the Flood by J.M.G le Clézio, the Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner and finally, the Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Céline . It will be kind of sad if I actually end up reading all the books while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment